This pink two story wooden residence located on Market Street was built around 1790 and was the property of a merchant. It is distinguished by its free-standing upper balcony, which is partly supported by wooden knee brackets. Admission is free and the house is closed on weekends and holidays. Open Mon-Fri from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (except Thu 9:30-1 p.m.).
Tucked away on Cumberland Street is the art studio and gallery of artist Antonius Roberts. This space has been specially created to connect the public to Bahamian art and culture. Opened six days a week between 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
This small fort built of locally-cut limestone was finished in 1742 and mounted with eight 18-pounder, three 9 and six 6 –pounder cannons. Originally, it contained a rain water cistern, barracks for officer and soldiers, a guardroom and powder magazine. The fort is located 2 miles east from downtown, past the Paradise Island bridge.